Blog – MSU’s Prescott finalist for Conerly Trophy

Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott is among the first three finalists for the C Spire Conerly Trophy.

The honor is given to the top college football player in the state of Mississippi.

The junior helped lead the Bulldogs to a five-week stay at the top of the college football rankings. The Haughton, La., native has passed for 2,521 yards and 20 touchdowns this season. He has rushed for 861 yards and 11 more touchdowns in his first full year as the starter.

All 10 of Mississippi’s football-playing senior colleges will announce a finalist before Nov. 24. Along with Prescott, Belhaven nominated wide receiver Greg Livingston, while Mississippi College put up defensive back Dylan Klibert.

Livingston is averaging 122 yards per game and has made 117 catches for 1,341 yards and eight touchdowns. Klibert has intercepted two passes and has 48 total tackles.

The trophy will be awarded Dec. 2 at the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame. Last year’s winner was MSU offensive lineman Gabe Jackson who is playing for the Oakland Raiders this season.

Fans make up 10 percent of the vote, while a statewide panel of media will make up the other 90 percent.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s