Now that we have one weekend of the Southeastern Conference baseball season – after every weekend series until the end of the season, The SDN Bulldog Blog will update the battle for the final qualifying spots to the 2011 SEC Tournament in Hoover, Ala.
NOTE: Okay….here’s the problem – after consulting the SEC tiebreaker procedures - South Carolina, Florida and Vanderbilt in Eastern Division can still finish with 1,3 or 4 seeds. EVERYBODY in the Western Divison except LSU can still finish with seeds 2,5,6,7,8 or out of the tournament. LSU can still finish with a 6,7,8-seed or out of the field.
1. - South Carolina - due to record versus Florida & Vanderbilt (41-11, 20-7)
Last series: at Alabama
2. – Due to being the current SEC West leader - Alabama (31-22, 13-14)
Last series: vs. South Carolina
3. - Florida - due to record versus Vanderbilt (39-13, 20-7)
Last series: vs. Kentucky
4. - Vanderbilt - (42-8, 20-7)
Last series: at Georgia
5. Georgia (26-26, 15-12) [must finish at least .500 overall to qualify for NCAA regional]
Last series: vs. Vanderbilt
6. Mississippi State (32-19, 13-14)
Last series: vs. LSU
7. Auburn – due to record versus Arkansas - (28-24, 13-14)
Last series: at Tennessee
8. Arkansas (33-17, 13-14)
Last series: vs. Ole Miss
9. Ole Miss (28-23, 12-15)
Last series: at Arkansas
10. LSU (33-19, 11-16)
Last series: at Mississippi State
All of the SDN Bulldog Blog readers: feel free to follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/matthewcstevens for up-to-date Mississippi State coverage.